Monday, September 8, 2014

Day 1 is in the Books!

Well, folks, I am pleased to report that this was the BEST first day of Kindergarten EVER!
This is how I know:
1) No one cried.
2) No one peed their pants.
3) No one escaped and ran up and down the hallways.
4) And everyone got home successfully!

=) Celebrating all night long!!!  (By all night, I mean until my strict 9 PM bedtime. I'm telling you, Teacher Tired is an entirely different kind of tired!)

Tomorrow, Tuesday, will be something a little different.  Because of full day kindergarten, Washington State requires us to complete something called WAKids Testing.  The kids will be "testing" from the minute they arrive until the minute they leave! The state's goal is to find out how successful pre-school is, and see how prepared kids are when they are entering kindergarten.  We have a group of trained paraeducators ready to go in the morning with centers and fun activities for the kiddos all day so they don't realize they are being tested. 

Thanks for having such wonderful kiddos! Everyone made it to blue today on the rainbow chart.  I think my biggest complaint is "chattiness," and honestly, if THAT'S my biggest issue, we have nothing to worry about! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment